I've been tagged for 2 different things so I better get to work. First I want to tahnk everybody for their good wishes for my Mom. She says she doesn't have time to think about being nervous. She's planning a special event for her job for June 9th. I hope she feels better by then. She's put a lot of work into it already. She said she's going to have everything ready for it before next Wednesday just in case though. She has really been feeling bad the past few days so she's also looking forward to feeling better soon. I'm working on trying to rememebr to be not so hyper around her. I'm sure Dad will have to remind me a bunch of times.
Okay the first tag is from Luckie. I'm supposed to tell why I started blogging. I just looked to see when my first post was and I was really suprised! Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year already! I also noticed I went for a very long time without comments. Once I joined Dogs With Blogs.
My Mom has been doing a blog for awhile for her art stuff and the Wheelin' Nut stuff (Mom won't let me put links in until she updates stuff. When she finally has time to work on that I'll definately share them with you because they're really cool.) Mom found a few animal blogs and got addicted to reading them one is a cat! Max is a lot like my brother Gunnar. Then Mom found Roo and she looks EXACTLY like my sister Sasha. Mom would talk about these animal blogs and I thought I could do that! A year ago I was also in trouble quit a bit so I decided to find a way to distract myself from the doing bad stuff. The end of June, will be 2 years that Mom and Dad adopted me. A year ago I was still a little nervous that Mom and Dad might not keep me. I was thinking maybe that's what's supposed to happen. You live with one family for a year then move to a new one. Sasha and Gunnar both assured me that wasn't how it worked, but I really didn't trust them yet. Mom encouraged me to blog, too. She thought I was such a unique dog that I should share my adventures with everybody. I love meeting new dog friends (and their humans)and I also like finding out my parents aren't the only weird ones (even though my parents seem to be weirder than most). Blogging is a great way to get advice on different things and get support for different things.
I'm going to tag Dory, Marvin and Nanook.
Okay, now Dory (who is sort of my sister) has tagged me, too.
Here's the rules for it:
1. Each person tagged starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. The person tagged blogs about each of these facts and posts these rules.
3. At the end of the blog entry, list eight people to get tagged.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog.
Eight random facts/habits about me? Okay, here we go.
1. When we are camping I let myself in and out of the ten all by myself. I want to get up and have coffee with my buddy Chuck and Mom and Dad don't get up in time so I get out on my own and then at night after lots of running around on the trails and playing in the creeks I want to go to bed before them so I go to bed myself. I freaked Mom out when I did that last summer for the first time. She thought a monster was outside the tent running around and then she was worried I had run off that night. Silly Mom! I'd never do that!
2. Water is the one of the funnest things in the entire world, unless it's meant to clean. I will chase hose water jump in creeks and rivers, but as soon as I'm told to get in the bathtub or there's soap outside next to the hose, I suddenly have a large fear of water.
3. Mom says this is a really weird one. I love my choke chain. Mom isn't sure where I got it because she doesn't like them. It must have been a thing from my rescue place because anytime a dog was out of a pin they had to have a choke chain on. Anyway, I've never used it for it's purpose (thank goodness!)but after a bath I like to wait to dry before I get my collar put back on so Mom and Dad will put the chain on. I like it because it's more of a neckles. It makes me feel pretty. When someone pulls it out I get REALLY excited.
4. I LOVE Jeeps. Dad is a Jeep freak and I know that the Jeeps go fun places. Mom's car goes on the hunting trips, but the Jeeps go camping and places Mom's little Kia can't go.
5. I LOVE pheasant hunting and I'm really good at flushing birds, but I refuse to retrieve the bird. It's a dead bird! I've never seen a human put a dead bird (other than one that's been cooked) in their mouth!!
6. I was a military family dog before Mom and Dad got me from the rescue. In my first year I lived in Alabama, Colorado and one more state that I can't remember the name of right now. I have to say I like Colorado the best because that's where Mom and Dad are!
7. I have favorite colors. For all those humans that think dogs are colorblind - YOU'RE WRONG! My favorite colors are florecent orange and camo. Those 2 colors mean fun stuff!
8. This one is a little embarassing. I wrestle with my car brother and he puts me in head locks. Mom is trying to get a picture of him standing (he doesn't do that much) so you can see how huge he really is! I usually win our wrestling matches. The couple times I didn't win was because Mom hadn't clipped his claws in awhile (they're daggers!!).
PHEW! That was a lot of work. Now I have to tag 8!?!?!?! Okay let's go with Luckie, Fig, Girl Girl (this will be a gret way for us to learn more about you), Marvin, Flash and Peanut and Sherman, Penny and Lola.
Okay, that wore me out. Mom and dad are off this weekend so I hope we do something fun. Their wedding anniversary is June 4th and since Mom will be recovering from surgery maybe they'll do something REALLY fun this weekend that involves a Jeep and ME! Next week I won't be bloggin much because I'll be taking care of Mom, but I'll check in when I can. Have a GREAT weekend everybody!!! I'm going to go take a nap now. Tagging makes me really tired.