Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everybody! I don't like Halloween much because people keep ringing the door bell and I don't get to see who it is or even get to play with them. This weekend I had lots of visitors. The boys even came over for a slumber party! Tonight they're coming over again, but not for very long and if I remember right they won't look like themselves. They were telling Mom and Dad they're going to be an Indian and a Ninja. I'm not sure what either of those look like, but I'm sure they're going to require some sniffing. The little girl said she's going to be a spidergirl. I don't think that's a good idea though. Gunnar and Dad kill spiders for Mom! I'll try to make sure they don't squish her though.
I switched over to Blogger Betta (no clue what that means) and Mom has been telling me some of the cool things I can do. I want to start a friend's list so if you would like to be included in my list e-mail Mom at HilarysDesigns@yahoo.com or leave me a comment. We need your name and your link to your blog. I'd like to put a picture in too, but I'll have to ask Mom for help on that. I know how to do it in a blog, but that side bar stuff still makes me a little confused sometimes.
OH! I almost forgot!! Dad is ordering my boots today. Last night Mom and Dad tried measuring my feet. I wasn't sure what they were doing. I thought we were playing a weird game. It was funny and Mom and Dad were laughing. Dad says we need to get my boots ordered so that I'll have them for pheasant hunting in a couple of weeks. He wants to make sure I get used to them before we go hunting. I can't wait! Last year I kept getting into things that hurt my feet and I spent most of the time trying to get pokey things out of my feet. This year I won't have to worry about that! I'm sure Mom will take pictures of me in my boots once they come.
It's cold today so I'm going to go make a nest on Mom and Dad's bed and take a nap. That drives Mom crazy! She says she puts the plankets over the bed to make sure I don't get dirt in the bed, but it's much more comfy and warm if they're arranged in a nest shape. Silly Mom! It's not that hard to get the dirt out of the sheets! This morning I already started my nest before she left for work. She came in and saw me laying on the bed and laughed and called me a "goofy dog." Personally I think I'm very smart. OH! That reminds me too! (Okay, maybe I'm not going to take my nap yet.) Mom gets this magazine from a company for free because she ordered Dad's birthday presant from another company once. The company she ordered from is a bird hunting supplies place (that's where Dad's getting my boots from) and the magazine that comes is something about hunting birds. Well, Mom doesn't read the magazine, Dad does. It's funny! Mom teases Dad about reading her mail. They're so funny!! Anyway, Dad said he doesn't like the magazine because they keep talking about how dumb dogs are!! Can you believe that?!?! If dogs were so dumb then how could we get on computers and blog. I know there's lots of dog blogs out there! Plus! I understand what Mom and Dad say when they're talking and I learn new tricks really fast (Dad taught me speak to go outside right before he left for hunting and I drove Mom crazy, if it wasn't so much fun I'd feel sorry for Mom!) and I can tell you who pulled into the driveway by the sound of the engine and I can hunt and I protect my Mom and sister and sometimes my brother and I can open my kennel door if it's not latched and I know who is allowed near my fence in the backyard and who needs to stay away and I know the difference between the Jeeps (which is hard because we have so many of them) and Mom's car and tons of other stuff!! I decided I don't like that magazine either. Mom said it's free so Dad doesn't have to read it. He said since it's free he'll still read it and make fun of the people that don't know what they're talking about.
I just thought of something else! I got distracted yesterday and forgot to get on to blog. It was because of the time change. I don't know why they messed with the clocks, but it's really annoying. I know exactly when Mom and Dad are supposed to be home and they're an hour late every day!! This morning I got up on the bed and cuddled with Mom because I thought she was going to be late and she said it was ok and scratched my ears. Ear scratching makes everything okay! Gunnar isn't happy about it at all. He says he's on a very strick eating schedule and they're an hour late! He says he could pass out and maybe even have to go to the doctor if he's not fed on time. Sunday he tried telling Mom she forgot to feed him and she kept saying that he was too early and had to wait another hour. She ended up feeding him 15 minutes early because she was so annoyed with him. I guess cats are pretty smart too because Gunnar can tell time and he knows how to open his food can and my food container. Now only if he could figure out the treat jar. I'm sure I could figure it out if he would get up on the counter and knock the jar down to me. The time change really doesn't bother me too much as long as Mom and Dad come home close to when they're supposed to be there. I think for Christmas Mom and Dad need to get Gunnar a watch to help him get through the time change stuff so he doesn't get so worried everytime they change the clocks.
Okay, NOW I'm going to go take a nap for sure this time. All that typing made me really tired and I need to rest up for tonight. Bye!