Monday, January 21, 2008

Nothing Exciting Going On Here


Petra gave me the "You Make My Day Award!" I'm blushing. I'm glad I can make your day Petra! Everybody should go leave a message for Petra. She had her girl parts surgery this weekend and Fig said there was some complications! Complications during a surgery makes me really nervous. My mom had complications during her gallblader surgery last summer and she's okay now, but it was still a little tense there for awhile and it took her a long time to recover.
It's really cold today and today is supposed to be the warm day of the week. I guess this weekend is supposed to be warm which makes Dad really happy. He's going to fix his truck finally. The clutch went out and he hasn't been able to fix it because it's been so cold. He says he needs to hurry and get it fixed so they can strart decluttering the house. I'm not exactly sure what's going on. We took some stuff to Grandma's house this weekend to store in her basement and they're talking about taking some more over and we're might be staying with Grandma for awhile (WOOHOOO!!!) and then after we left Grandma's we went to another house and pulled into the driveway and Mom and Dad were pointing at doors and talking about fences and then we went to another house and slowed down and they pointed and talked about the trees and big area behind the house. Then when we got home, Mom got on the computer and pulled up a website and Dad went in with her and they talked about bedrooms and basements and lot size and kitchen sizes. They're also talking about paint colors for different rooms in our house. I think Mom and Dad are thinking about getting a bigger house which would be wonderful!! Especially if there's a huge yard like the one at Grandma's and if there isn't a lot of traffic and people walking around outside (that means not living across the street from a school anymore!!). I don't want to get my hopes up too much though, because moving makes me a little nervous - that happens sometimes when you're a rescue dog. Sasha doesn't like having boxes and stuff in the house, either. She's afraid she'll have to go live at the mean lady's house again because Mom and her had to do that once. There's no way Mom and Sasha would ever have to go live there again (for those of you that don't know the mean lady was Mom's mom and she died in December, more in a minute about that again), but it still makes Sasha really nervous when boxes start getting packed and furniture moved.
This weekend Mom didn't feel good. She says it's stress. Her stepfather and her brother are being stupid and Mom and Aunt Gillian are having to take care of some stuff with their mom's death that they weren't ever planning on having to take care of. Mom took care of her part and now she's helping Aunt Gillian with some stuff. Mom also has a doctor's appointment on Thursday that she's really nervous about (I think it has something to do with me getting kids). Mom was diagnosed with PolyCistic Ovarian Syndrome a couple years ago and she was doing pretty good, but a couple weeks ago one of her doctors said he didn't like her test results and thinks she needs another surgery. Mom and Dad are going to a different kind of doctor Thursday and he'll decide what he thinks needs to be done depending on some other kind of tests. Mom is really nervous about it and a little emotional, too. I haven't brought up the kids thing for awhile because I can tell Mom is a little sensitive about it. She gets a little teary eyed watching some commercials and listing to some songs on the radio about people having kids and becoming parents. The only radio station she can get at work plays a lot of songs about becoming parents during the morning so Mom took some cds to listen to during the morning.
I better go check on Mom and Dad's dinner now. Dad put together some Chili in the crock-pot for dinner tonight and Grandma and Aunt Gillian are supposed to come by for a nice warm dinner (and to help chear up Mom a little). I got in trouble last night cuz Mom had been calling me stinky butt all day and then when Dad was putting the chili together I licked a little bit of a can that had a chili beans label on it. Mom said I better stop or my stinky butt wouldn't be allowed to sleep in the bedroom. I think that was kind of rude of her to say, but I stopped anyway.
Hope you all stay warm and don't forget to go check on Petra.

5 comments:

Peanut said...

I hope your dad gets his truck fixed. It would be cool if you could get a bigger house. My mom says your mom is welcome to come borrow our kids for as long as she wants. We hope the doctor gives he some good news.
Love
Flash

Lorenza said...

Paws crossed for your mom!
Take care of her.
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

I am going to post soon about how Grammie packed us all up and moved us. It isn't anywhere as bad as people say. Good luck to your mom on her doctor appointment.

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oooooh Lady Kaos, I hope your Mama feels better soon.

Please give her some healing licks from me, Marvin xxxxx

tell her not to cry, we have enough water here in the UK already!

Putz said...

we are your neighbors, to the south, utah, we appreciate how tuned into things as you are, especially food, chilli temperatures, and snow...that is all we think about and running