Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pictures Are Ready!

Mom finally got all the pictures on the site! She got them done yesterday, but I got into some stuff I wasn't supposed to before her lunch break yesterday so I had to stay in the kennel for the rest of the day. I am going to be good today. Mom talked to me this morning and told me that if I was really good I didn't have to be grounded this week.

The website is: http://www.SprwagmanAdventures.bravehost.com. Click on the 2006 Trips tab to see this trip's pictures.

I slept all the way to Buena Vista that Thursday night because I needed to save my energy for the weekend. Plus, it's a really boring drive. While everybody set up camp, I ran around the camp site making sure everything was secure. You should have seen all the sticks!!!! There were millions!!!

The next morning I didn't want to wait for Mom and Dad to get out of bed so I let my self out of the tent. I did that every morning. I would join Chuck for a cup of coffee. Well, he had coffee and I'd chew on a stick and run around a little.

Friday we went to a trail called Iron Chest. It was fun, but Luke's Scout broke and so did Bill's so we didn't go very far before we had to turn around and come back down before the parts store closed. I had fun playing on the rocks even though Dad told the kids not to throw sticks for me. I have better balance on rocks than he thinks I do. That night at camp I got lot sof people to throw my toys and even a couple to secretly throw sticks for me. Dad doesn't want me to chase sticks because he thinks I'll get into the wood pile again this winter. Chasing sticks that are thrown has nothing to do with if I get in the wood pile though. I'll probably still do that. Sticks are so much fun!! Not as fun as balls though.

Saturday we went on a trail called China Men's Gulch. It was a really long and hot trail. It was fun. We had a bunch of breaks though so it took a long time to get through the trail. Dad didn't want me running around on my own so I had to stay on a leash if I got out of the Jeep because there are rattle snakes and stuff along that trail he didn't want me to find.

When we finally got to the campsite that evening, Mom took me down to the creek because I was soooo hot. It felt gooooooood! First we went to a part of the creek that the water was running really fast. I didn't like that part because Mom would throw the stick and it would swim away and I got confused so I tried brining parts of the trees that were in the water. We found a calm spot and I had a lot fo fun there. Mom and her friend were trying to get water for showers and I kept kicking up dirt that would go in the buckets so I stopped for awhile.

That night I was sooooo tired that I went to bed on my own. Dad came and found me and took me down to the fire, but I was too tired to stay up. I know they were celebrating their first wedding anniversary, but I was too tired to stay awake any longer. I went back up and went to bed. I was glad when Mom and Dad finally came to bed too because I was tired of listening for them. I went with Mom to go potty so she wouldn't be scared (I do that a lot for her.) and then that was all the energy I had left.

I got up the next morning when I heard Chuck making coffee. They made a huge breakfast that morning and there were lots of people to throw my frisbee for me. Mom kept telling me not to be annoying, but the people were laughing at me so I see it as I was making people happy, not annoying them. After breakfast we packed up camp which I didn't like because everybody was too busy to play with me. Then we went down the the other part of the creek so they could fish. I HATE fishing. I can't chase the stuff into the water that they're throwing and I have to be quiet and it's boring. Mom was going to let me jumo in the creek before we left and after they were done fishing, but there were people up the creek shooting a gun into the water and it made her nervous, so I didn't get to.

I slept the entire way home. We had to stop about halfway home becuas ethe Jeep was acting funny. The tow was out and it messed up the tires so we had to becareful going hom. When we stopped I got out and rean around and stretched with the kids and then I got back in and slept.

I love camping and riding in the Jeep A LOT!!! It sure wears me out though. It took me almost all week to recover.