Monday, March 03, 2008

What A Weekend!!

I had a very busy weekend. First, let me remind you of what our dining room looked like last weekend. It was gross and was making Mom and Sasha sick.

The black stuff was so bad I couldn't put my toys on the floor which meant if I took a break to eat, my toy had to be in my food dish. (That's not really the reason Blue Dude is in my food dish, I like putting my toys in my food and water dishes while I'm eating or drinking. Mom gets really mad when my inside toys are in the water dish though. She yells and I don't see that toy for a few days while it dries out.) I think the meal after this one Mom and Dad figured out the black stuff was making Sasha sick so the food dishes were moved into the living room which I hated. We kept getting confused who's bowl was who's and I couldn't watch Mom make dinner while I ate my dinner.

In the process of painting the dining room, I brushed my tail against the wall and became known as "Skunk Tail." Mom and Dad finally got a picture of my tail on Friday night. It's almost gone, but imagine it a little brighter and you'll understand the skunk tail thing. My tail never stops. Mom and Dad are sure that if my tail stops moving, I stop breathing. In this picture, Dad is holding my tail so Mom can get the picture and you can see the worry in my eyes of how long I have to hold my breathe. Luckily it wasn't long.
All the work so far is totally worth it. Look at it now!! Doesn't it look great? (See the big blue trash can looking thing and the yellow can thing to the right of the door? That's my food and treats back to where they belong. Mom says don't look at the door, it hasn'tbeen painted yet.)The kitchen is next and Mom's excited about that because she hates the kitchen coutners. I'll have to see if I can get her to takea picture of those. They're putting tile on the counters. You really can't see the coolness of the floor, but if you look close it looks like they chose the floor and then chose the paint to match. Actually, Mom took 2 months to choose the paint and then Dad found the tile for the counters that matches the paint in a pile of tile someone gave them and then they found the vinyl tile that matches everything. Hopefully the rest of the house will go as smoothly as it went this weekend. Mom and Dad are really sore, but really happy with their work so far.


On Saturday, the weather was perfect which was great because Mom and Dad were painting and using some other stinky chemicals on the floor and they could leave the door open all day. Grandma came and got Sasha and I and we spent most of the day in Grandma's yard and playing fetch and driving Grandma crazy. The weather man said we were supposed to get 2 inches of snow on Sunday. I think someone needs to buy the weather man a ruler! Depending on where you were in town there was 6 1/2, 8 3/4 and 9 inches of snow!! Luckily our back yard was in the 6-ish range. Well, lucky for me. Sasha's belly is only 3 inches off the ground and she's about 6 inches tall when she's standing on all 4 feet. Dad shoveled out a path for her though. Mom tried taking a picture of us outside, but it was too cold for Mom and she would have had to put shoes on (Mom hates wearing shoes and whines A LOT when she has to put shoes on) and if she comes outside Sasha stays on the porch and I go get a toy to play fetch with and she doesn't get the picture she wants of us playing in the snow. She took this picture through the back door, and you can kind of see that the snow goes to my elbows in some spots. This is not 2 inches! Then today it's been warm so its all melting and causing lots of mud. Mom isn't happy that the new floor is already dirty, but she's not blaming us. She's blaming the weather man who can't tell the difference between feet and inches!
I've been sleeping all day today to recover from spending all day at Grandma's on Saturday. I knew she'd step in and take care of us since Mom and Dad haven't. Mom and Dad took a break yesterday since they got so much done on Saturday (they say because we weren't there - whatever!!). Mom had to watch the race because the M&M car was starting in 1st place, he finished 14th, but he started and stayed up front for most of the race! Mom is now 2nd in the Fantasy Racing thing so she said she has to put more thought into her picks for next week. I think she's becoming obssessed! The funny part is, there's been 3 races and she hasn't watched a full race yet because she ends up falling asleep. Not because it's boring, but because Mom and Dad have been working so hard and if they sit too long, Mom falls asleep.
Dad should be home any time now so I better go get ready to welcome him home. I'll have to tell you about the fun new game I invented tomorrow.

11 comments:

The Daily Echo said...

Mom and Dad did such a great job on the floor! Clearly your input and assistance made all the difference. And you even got to go to Grandma's house!
ECHO

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi again Cookie,

I had a wondereful nap. Then after dinner the Mommy wesnt back to the computer and I took another nap. We went to bed about 10pm & i slept all night. The Mommy is worried something is wtong with me cause I don't usually nap while she is home. I hope she doens't try to take me to the vet. Me don't like going to that place even though I love Dr Ainsworth. she is a good friend of the Mommy so we she comes to visit I love to
play with her but I hate being poked and probed if you know what I mean.

Time for night, night...talk to you later......Mona

Lorenza said...

Hi, Kaos!
You must be very proud of your mom and dad! They did a great job! Sure it looks different!
You look really worried in that picture!
Glad you had fun with your Grandma!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

Great job on the floor. You guys have been working hard. We are looking forward to seeing the counter tops. Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great work there. Did your Dad and Mom do all the painting, etc etc?

If they did, then you've got cool parents. Your place looks real nice now.

And what did you do to contribute to their work?

:-)

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, your hoomans are working their hineys off, Kaos! Everything looks GREAT!
We were excited that the M&M car got the pole too. Maybe next week Kyle can finish first! We'll never give up hoping!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Petra said...

Tell your mom & dad that they did a wonderful job; it's a beautiful floor!

You all need to get some rest now (is there another project in the works?!)

I love the picture with you & the painted tail, Kaos!

Girl Girl Hamster said...

You sure look worried there while they hold your tail hee hee

~ Girl girl

Peanut said...

Just more evidence we were meant to be together. My tail never stops wagging either unless I am asleep. Oh and my mom hates hates hates shoes as much as your mom. :) The floor looks great.

Love
Flash

Molly the Airedale said...

We have an award for you, Kaos! Check out our blog!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Princess Patches said...

Your remodeling is coming along nicely! Obviously, it is because of all your help. We know all about all those weather people...our mom calls the the Weather Fools! They are almost never right with their forecasts!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Pockets