Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What A Mess!!

I've told you before that we're getting our house ready to sell. Mom and Dad are decluttering and painting and making things look nice. Well, our living room and dining room has, I mean, had carpet. This weekend Mom and Dad started working in the dining room and look at this!



Dad started taking up the carpet where Mom's fish tank was supposed to go and this nasty stuff was under the carpet! That's linoleum on top of painted hardwood floors! So last night they took out all the carpet in the dining room and the linoleum. Doesn't it look terrible? I had to leave the room!




It's also causing lots of stress. The dining room table that is supposed to be in the middle of that picture is in the living room. Our food bin and cookie holding can is supposed to be to the right of the back door and my food dish is supposed to be close by. The water dish is also supposed to be in this room, but even if it was where it's supposed to be, you wouldn't see it. All the linoleum is out now and it stinks in the house.
Mom and Dad promised living in this mess is going to be worth it. I hope so!! My favorite places to take a nap are gone! There's furniture in my floor spot and there's crap on the couch! I think I'm going to go live with Grandma for a few months!
What do you think of the paint color? It took Mom 3 months to choose those colors. Each room was supposed to be a different color, but she said it was too much work to choose the right colors and she really liked these colors so our entire house will probably be those colors. She's not done painting the trip areas yet. She wanted to wait until all the flooring was up before she finished in case the trim got scratched or beat up. Good idea. You should have see them last night. If I could figure out how to use the camera on my own, there would be pictures of the weird positions Mom was in on the floor trying to get nails and stables out and of how hard Dad was working pulling carpet and scraping up the linoleum.
After work, Dad is going to try to get more of that black stuff off which means lots of loud noises. Luckily we didn't get the snow we were supposed to get so I can spend lots of time outside without Mom worrying about me getting too cold. I wish I could figure out how to use the phone so I could call Grandma! I'm going to go find a new napping place now.

10 comments:

Sparky said...

Kaos, I think it's about time to live up to your namesake! (If you haven't already!)

Molly the Airedale said...

Things are sure hectic at your house, Kaos! Has your gram extended the invitation yet? Maybe a phone call would speed things along!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Petra said...

Oh, just listening about all of the hard work your mom & dad are doing makes my bones ache!

If you play your cards right, you should get extra snackies for your patience during this time.

Myeo said...

We are very sure its worth it. You will soon have a greater place to live in.

Love
Boy n Baby

Ps. We have added you to our link of friends :)

The Daily Echo said...

Oh I feel your pain Kaos! We've been going through home destruction here and it's not fun. And the humans get grumpy! I don't know why they do it if it makes them grumpy. Your nightmare will be over soon. Grandma is a good option.
ECHO

Luckie Girl said...

It does look a bit messy around the place. You should move out and relax at your grandma's until they are done with the house.

Ferndoggle said...

Wow! What a production! I'm sure you have your pawrents whipped into shape getting the house ready. But good luck anyway!!

Sherman

Peanut said...

Oh come stay with me until your mom and dad get the house done. Mom says she likes the paint colors
Love
Flash

Lorenza said...

Hi, Kaos!
Clean House?? Be patient! That thing takes a little bit of time! Sure I hope you find a new good place for your naps!
We want to see pictures when you mom and dad finish it!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

Are those hardwoods in good enough shape to be redone. They will look really nice sanded with new varnish on them. Just remember that this shall pass and you can take a nap anyplace. Grammie says the colors look very neutral which is a good selling point. She watchs way to much of HGTV.