Friday, July 25, 2008

Only 6 Days left!

Less than a week to go until we get our new house! Tonight everything gets packed that isn't needed Saturday morning. Know what that means? Fast food for dinner!! It also means Alfonso's Breakfast Burritos for breakfast Saturday morning. Alfonso's is an authentic Mexican restaurant here in town and they are good cooks! Mom really loves their breakfast burritos but they're HUGE! They're almost as big as Sasha!!! Of course Mom can't eat a full burrito so I "help". They used to be across the highway from Mom's office. Mom said she felt like she was in the video game called Frogger going across to get burritos. They tore down the building to make a bigger parking lot for the new bank next door and the restaurant moved to a gas station across town. Mom was very sad. The good news is, if Mom plans it right, some mornings it will be on her way to work from the new house.

Mom isn't as swollen today. Dad finished painting during lunch yesterday so Mom wouldn't be home for most of the painting and it seemed to be a good idea. It also rained after work so he wouldn't have been able to paint after work anyway. Mom said her toes don't float in the air anymore. Her feet were so swollen that her toes couldn't touch the floor (she has short stubby toes which didn't help). Her wedding ring now moves around on her finger again which means her fingers aren't so swollen either. Her throat is still a little sore and she is still a little swollen and itchy, but not too bad.
At lunch, Mom and I were noticing that the wasps seem to be really attracted to the yellow paint. That's another reason we need to get Mom out of this house. She could be out playing fetch with me and get stung and then she'd have to go to the hospital since she's also allergic to wasps and bees. Hope the buyer likes wasps! If not, that's what she gets for picking a color that makes my Mom sick.


I won't be posting any countdown days this weekend because we're going to be really busy moving to Grandma's. Mom and Dad are really worried about Gunnar. Sasha seems to be doing okay with everything, as long as Mom and Dad keep taking us to Grandma's house to see where most of our stuff is going. Mom and Dad need to stop worrying about Gunnar. Does this look like a stressed out and worried cat? Annoyed? Definitely! He always looks like that though.

Gunnar loves that box! The only time he leaves it is to eat and go to the litterbox. Mom and I were looking at the box today at lunch and we can't believe it's holdng up! He usually collapses boxes after a couple days of napping on them. This is an amazing box!
A couple weeks ago Dad convinced me to get in one of the chairs we use for camping that we set up in the living room since there's only the couch left to sit on. Since Mom and Dad have been pretty stressed I went ahead and posed for Mom.


Since I posted pictures of me and Gunnar I guess I better post one of Sasha even though I'm mad at her. She got me in trouble last night. Sasha avoids the camera more than I do so here's the best from the last photo shoot of her.

She needs a summer haircut, but Mom wants to wait until after we get settled into the new house because she doesn't want to tramatize the princess too much. If you would like to make fun of Sasha, go ahead, I'll make sure Mom doesn't read your comments.
I found out last night that you don't steal a chewy from Princess Sasha! She snarled and growled at me and then I got yelled at. I hate when Mom yells at me! I layed down for awhile and then a few minutes later Mom got more chewies out. First I got a lecture about stealing chewies just cuz I'm bigger. I'm supposed to ask Mom for chewies if there aren't enough out for both of us. That's too much work. I'll just have to make sure I steal them when Mom and Dad aren't around.

I've been hiding toys in my bed. I want to make sure Mom and Dad don't forget to pack the toys so if I put them with my bed, I'm sure they'll be taken to Grandma's. I heard Grandma talking about our beds and where to put them so I know my bed will be going. If they're hidden in my bed, it's also harder for Sasha to play with them because she has to find them first.

11 comments:

Deefor said...

Hi
I'm excited for you about your new house! I like Mexican food too. Make sure you pack all your toys and bones and beds. Old stuff is good in a new place.

Deefor

Peanut said...

Oh I bet those breakfast burritos are yummy. Glad your mom is feeling better. Gunnar looks almost as big as shelby. I'm surprised that box has survived. I'm glad you mom is feeling better. Have fun at your grandmas.

Peanut said...

that was from me of course

Love Flash

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

6 days that is great..
Baby Callie is home.. She is finally resting..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Baby Callie

Lorenza said...

Hi, Kaos!
We are so happy to know that your mom is feeling better!
Burritos? Can you believe I've never had a burrito? I mean, they sell them here everywhere! Another serious talk with my mom is in order!
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Moco said...

6 days and counting. We can see that you are going to do fine with this move.

Molly the Airedale said...

We've never had a burrito before! Mom has, but only one or two in her lifetime! What's in a breakfast burrito? Bacon and eggs?
Gosh, that color yellow is causing so many problems!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Kaos,

I did my friends post tonight and gave all of you an award. My Doofuss Mommy spelled ypur name wrong...I am very sorry but you know I love ya.

Thanks for bieng my friend.

Mona

Joe Stains said...

That is a powerful box! I can't believe it didn't collapse yet! I am sure they won't forget to pack your toys.

Petra said...

Just wait till you get to your new house and you can unpack all of your things; it will be like Christmas in August!

Unknown said...

leave little sticky pawprint notes for mom so she wont forget your toys... wink

Hope you get the paint situation sorted for the closing. Paws crossed!