Monday, May 12, 2008

Kyle Is #1 & A Mystery

Kyle won the race on Saturday night! We didn't know the race was on Saturday night, but Mom was flipping channels and there it was! Dad said "Oh yeah, they do the race on Saturday this week since Mother's Day is on Sunday!" There were only 60 laps left, but they showed us some of the stuff we missed. Kyle won the race which was totally cool! All those people that were booing him at the beginning of the race had to clap for him at the end of the race. HA!! That'll show them not to boo the driver of teh M&M car! Kyle drove the M&M car, only with a green scheme this time so of course he did good!! Mom got really annoyed with Dale Jr's interview after the race. Mom and I used to think he was an okay guy, but he ALWAYS whines now! After listening to his interview, Mom started channel flipping again. It was fun!
Mom forgot to take her memory card for her camera to work with her to pull pictures for me. This computer has a cool little slot for reading camera memory cards, but my paws can't work it at all. I think someone should invent a dog friendly computer!!
Anyway, there's some cool pictures of my dad on there. Mom and I were in the driveway working on some stuff (Mom lets me come out with her a lot when she'sworking in the yard so she has some company - It's so cool!! Sasha can't ebcause she runs off and doesn't listen to Mom.) then all of a sudden a truck pulling a big trailer with a big backhoe pulled up in front of the house. I went to bark and then a guy got out and started walking up my driveway. I started yelling really loud at him that he better not come near my mom or my house and he better move that truck before my dad got home and saw him there because he'd be really mad. I even stuck up my fur a little and I was really giving it to him and then all of s sudden I realized the man WAS MY DAD!!! I was so embarassed. Dad said I was a very good guard dog and said it was okay and gave me big hugs and thanked me for protecting Mom and the house while he was gone. How embarassing!! Sasha and I went and hung out in the backyard for awhile while Dad unloaded the backhoe and then he started driving it around my driveway. He made it really flat. It was really dusty and he was making loud noises. We hung out with Mom in the house because Mom said watching Dad made her nervous (I know I've told you this before, but just wanted to remind you that Mom is the biggest worrier EVER!!! Even when there's nothing to worry about, she worries!!!) Then Dad loaded the backhoe back up and Mom and Dad left for awhile and came home in Dad's work truck (which is what he left in that morning) and they had FRIED CHICKEN and we got some for being such good helpers!!! Next, Dad needed to fix the brakes on his truck so he could pull a trailer today. Mom had to go help him and of course I helped, too. All of a sudden there was someone next door and I went running at the fence and barked and tried to scare her. It was only the neighbor lady and she started laughing at me and she said "If that had been any other dog, I would have gone running." I forgave her for not being afraid of me because she threw my toy a few times and sprayed me with her hose. It was a lot of fun.
We finally went inside and it was time to get ready for bed. Mom finished laundry and Dad took a shower and we went to bed. I felt a little weird but I couldn't figure out why and then this morning Mom and I figured out SHE FORGOT TO FEED SASHSA AND I OUR DINNER!!!! Can you believe that? I laughed at Mom when she started feeling guilty and told her not to worry about it because we had fried chicken and I was way too tired to eat anyway. I left some of my breakfast in my bowl just to make her feel better about me not starving. Silly mom.
Anyway, here's my mystery. Dad didn't go to work this morning, but he left in my truck, Mom went to work but isn't going back after lunch, my Big Jeep and Sasha's Jeep are at Grandma's house, Dad parked his work truck in front of the neighbor's house and Mom is supposed to park her car there, too. What in the world would they be doing to the driveway now? This housework stuff is really confusing and I can't wait for it to be done. Mom and Dad wanted the house listed by this week, but there's still a lot of work to be done. The bathroom is not close to being done at all and there's still carpet in the living room!
I'll try to remind Mom to post the pictures of Dad driving the backhoe so you can see them. Mom only took 2 pictures and they aren't very exciting pictures, but it was all she could stand to watch.
Mom should be home in a few minutes to help with the mystery so I better go watch for her.

4 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We missed Kyle's win again! We're lousy M&M fans, Kaos!
We can't believe your mom forgot to feed you dindin! Thank doG for fried chicken! yummmmmmmmmmm

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Petra said...

You live in one busy household, Lady Kaos! I can't wait until your house is listed and people start coming to visit you ---- you'll probably have some interesting stories to tell us!

Ferndoggle said...

She forgot to feed you dinner???? That is completely unacceptable. DoG bless fried chicken!

Sherman

Peanut said...

Congrats to Kyle. I got tired just reading all of that.

Love
Flash