Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Someone Stole Mom's Wheels!

Okay, not really. This was going to be a much funnier post, but Dad pointed out since the car is in the shop, it doesn't have the same funniness or shock value. It's still funny though! At least Mom thought it was. Dad stole Mom's tires to balance them so her car was sitting up on blocks. It would have been funnier if it had been sitting in the front yard or even the back driveway. Mom is kind of weird sometimes (especially when she doesn't get enough sleep).
Saturday I was going to make Mom take a nap, but then I thought if she took a long nap, then she wouldn't sleep at bedtime so I didn't something even better! I kept her busy all day long! I made her finally save all the pictures on the memory cards from the cameras to cds where they're nice and safe while I took a quick nap and then when Dad brought the wheels back I sent them off to do some shopping, gas up Mom's car and wash it (trust me, in the above picture you can't see how bad it really was!). Then I made Mom do a bunch of other stuff like playing fetch, playing tug, playing tag and of course scratching my ears and butt. I was exhausted and went to bed at 9 o'clock. I didn't go lay on the big bed, I went to MY bed cuz I was exhausted. I made Dad keep Mom up until almost 10 o'clock though so she was even more tired than I was when she finally went to bed and it worked! She finally slept good! This weekend Mom and Dad are going away for a thing for Dad's work so Dad is in charge of making Mom so exhausted she sleeps good. They'll have to stay up really late Saturday night and then they're going shopping at Mom's favorite store on Sunday (it's not a clothing store or other "girly" store - it's Bass Pro Shop, Mom wants a giant aquarium in our house like they have there - told you she was weird!). I will be spending the entire relaxing with Grandma and of course begging for treats and playing some fetch. Mom is taking the computer with her to give her something to do while Dad is in his meetings during the day on Saturday so maybe she'll get some work done on her art website and I can finally have all of you go visit it. Aunt Gillian got a new job managing a restaurant in town that also does some art consignment for local artists so she told Mom to get her butt in gear and get organized so she can put some of her stuff in the restaurant.
Mom put me in charge of making sure Gunnar beahves today because he's was being a butthead this morning so I'm going to go remind him Mom put me in charge now. I love bugging him for no reason!

14 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Hee hee hee! I thought it was still funny, Kaos! :)
Love,
Ammy

Mason Dixie said...

It is still funny to see a car on blocks even if in the garage. Have fun being in charge, I am sure you will be great at it.

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We glad your mom got her wheels back! The title was pretty funny and caught out attention.

It is fun to the boss. We hope you kept him in line.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

chelsea + apple said...

it's good that your's mom got hers wheels back!!!

you's sure play hard!

<3 Apple

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Two facts here Lady Kaos - your car is cool amd your Mum isn't weird.

As my Jeannie is fond of saying "it is everyone else who is weird, I am totally normal"...........

love and licks, Marvin xxxxxxxxx

ThePainterPack said...

My mommy is weird when she's lacking good sleep...which is a lot of the time. She gets up at 3:30am each morning...so, yeah, she's ill. Glad things worked out for woo!!!

Mya Boo Boo

Lorenza said...

Hi, Kaos!
Good job keeping your mom busy during the day so she can sleep better!
Glad the car has its wheels back!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Snowball said...

The car looks funny without wheels. Your mom must have appreciated your help.

Luv
Snowball

Princess Patches said...

We're glad your mom got her wheels back, Kaos! And we're glad she got a good night's sleep too! Our mom is a real bear if she doesn't sleep! She gets really growlie!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Molly the Airedale said...

That really did happen to our uncle who used to live in Maryland very near DC! Someone actually stole the tires right off his car - all 4 of them!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You are doing a great job keeping Mom up. She needs her rest.
Bass Pro shop is cool. Mom told her boss one time that her and Dad were going on a date. He just about fell out when mom said the date was to Bass Pro.. hehe Mom is so silly. She also calls going to the dump is a date...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Joe Stains said...

omdog Bass Pro Shop is like an amusement park, we have one right by our house!!

Peanut said...

oh haha that was funny. Though with just the title we thought someone had stolen the whole car.

Lindsay said...

Lady K, you are so clever to have figured out that keeping Mom busy all day would help her sleep! We hope she's sleeping better now!

Brown dog kisses,
Dannan